- Metis families and communities are the cornerstone of the Metis Nation and the service delivery system must reflect this vision.
- The family is the center of Inuit culture and cooperation and sharing are basic principles in Inuit society.
- Responsibility for decision-making regarding Metis and Inuit children and families lies with the family, extended family and community whenever possible.
- The organizational structure promotes and supports community governance at all levels.
- The service delivery system will encompass both formal and informal elements.
- The service delivery system must be operated in an efficient and effective manner.
- The service delivery system will be outcome-based and will reflect the core guiding principles of Michif Child and Family Services.